The Diamond Model grew out of the experiences of its developer, Ros McIntyre:
- Almost twenty years’ coaching experience
- Different perspectives on coaching from having been:
- an external executive coach
- a line manager coaching her own teams
- a developer and trainer of other coaches and mentors
- a commissioner of coaching services
- a coaching sponsor
- Leading global teams at a senior level and running small businesses
- Years of designing and delivering leadership skills development programmes
- Continuing involvement in hands-on consultancy in business strategy and leadership, keeping in touch with the day-to-day challenges faced by clients.
The Diamond Model is not a product of a background in psychotherapy or psychology, nor is it a product of an academic route into coaching. It isn’t limited to one particular school of coaching thought or theory. The Diamond Model is a product of years of hands-on coaching experience in work situations, supported by armfuls of coaching tools and other useful development techniques collected along the way.